WALK-IN EXPRESS CARE POLICIES
- Walk-in appointments are a service provided to current active patients of Detweiler Family Medicine.
- Express telemedicine appointments are for positive COVID exposure patients only.
- Walk-in appointments are for short-term urgent issues which can be handled the same day. The following services are covered by our walk-in express care providers:
Chest Pain Bladder Infections
Sore Throat Nausea/Vomiting
Fever Pink Eye
Stomach Aches Sinus/Respiratory Infections
Shortness of Breath
- The walk-in provider will address one issue during each visit.
- The following WILL NOT be prescribed or given refills for during a walk-in appointment • Narcotics • Opiates – i.e. Vicodin, Oxycontin, Percoset, morphine, codeine, etc. • Anti-anxiety medications • Sleeping pills • Benzodiazepines – i.e. Lorazepam, Clonazepam, Diazepam, etc. • ADHD medications – i.e. Adderall, Ritalin, Vyvanse, Methylphenidate, etc or Medical Marijuana.
- No chronic care refills will be given.
- No referrals will be arranged for during walk-in appointments.
- Walk in and Express telemedicine appointments are First Come, First Served and may require a long wait.
- Walk in appointments are subject to the same co-pays and billing as a scheduled appointment.